Also, a booklet
was created to support the fund and offer over 60 real life short
stories of how different people (health care providers, healing
arts practitioners, and lay people) practiced these therapies
and how they helped.
100% of the
sale of this booklet goes to the fund.
here for more info
Peaceful Passages - Events
& Lectures | return
Complementary Therapies in End-of-Life Care
An Introductory Lecture (copies available
for sale soon)
Peaceful Passages is intended
to help advance the awareness, knowledge, and use of Complementary
Therapies in End-of-Life Care. Complementary Therapies include healing
therapies such as Healing Touch, Reiki, Massage, Music, and Aromatherapy.
It is an assembly of the healing work, personal experiences, and
holistic nursing practices of Marilee Tolen RN.
- Date: May 18, 2005
- Time: 7-9 pm
- Location: Quality Inn Grand Versailles Conf. Ctr. Route
38 West Maple Shade, NJ
- Cost: $10 per person $12 per couple
- Instructor: Marilee Tolen RN, HNC, CHTP, CHTI
[see bio below]
LEARN the answers to these questions:
- What are Complementary Therapies?
- How can they be used?
- What does it feel like to receive these therapies?
- Are they safe?
- Can these be used in conjunction with medicines and medical
- Who does them and where do I get in touch with them?
- Can I learn how to do this for myself and my family?
- Can we do this at home or in the hospital?
WHO should come?
- *Anyone who has an interest in comfort and care measures for
someone who is dying
- *If you have a family member or loved one who wants to die at
- *If you want to create a comfortable hospital environment that
is natural and
- conducive to the sacredness of death
- *If you have a family member in hospice care but the hospice
is unaware of these
- therapies and you want them made available to the person dying
- *If you yourself are facing end of life and you want to know
about your choices
- to create conditions to help make your passing a peaceful one
*If you are a health care professional, work
for a hospice, or are a spiritual counselor who is serving a community
to help others in End-of-Life Care.
Pre-registration is requested Space is limited
How did you hear about this class?
Mail to: Marilee Tolen, 214 Provincetown Road, Cherry Hill,
About Marilee Tolen: Marilee
is a Registered Nurse with a clinical background in Intensive Care
Nursing. She was one of the first 25 nurses in the country to become
Board Certified in Holistic Nursing. She also holds certifications
in Healing Touch as a Practitioner and Instructor. She is a former
member of the Board of Directors for both the American Holistic
Nurses Association and Healing Touch International. Marilee is a
graduate of the four year Barbara Brennan School of Healing Science
and has completed Intuition Training with Caroline Myss PhD and
Norm Shealy MD. Marilee is a former owner of a large Wellness Center
that offered IV treatments of Chelation, Mineral Drips, and Hydrogen
Peroxide, along with Colon Hydrotherapy specializing in Cleansing,
Detoxification, and Longevity. Marilee is certified in Colon Hydrotherapy.
Marilee is also founder of Peaceful Passages, a program that offers
Complementary Therapies in End of Life Care such as energy work,
therapeutic uses of essential oils, massage, music, and other natural
non-invasive palliative measures for people and caregivers to people
who are facing end of life issues. She is currently in private practice
in Southern New Jersey with plans for a 3 month sabbatical starting
June 2005 so she can write.
for more about Marilee